Personal Information We Collect
- The domain from which you accessed the Website and the specific pages that you accessed;
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on the Website or App, including, information provided at the time of registering to use the App or services;
- Information you share through the Website or App by using our services, including any Personal Information in the data you share;
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support or when you submit questions or comments;
- Information we receive from third party search engines or social media websites;
- Details of your visits to and interaction with the Website and App including, but not limited to, traffic data, IP address, repository ID, location data, weblogs, search terms entered, account activity, and other data related to the pages you visit or access; and
- Information you provide to us when you schedule a training session, participate in promotions, contests, or giveaways, or attend our events.
Please note that the Website and App are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Further, children under the age of 13 should not use the Website and the App without parental consent. Personal information sent to us which appears to be from a child under the age of 13, without confirmation of parental consent, will be deleted. We cannot always determine if a user of the Website or the App or the sender of an e-mail is under the age of 13, but we will exert our best efforts to do so.
How We Use Personal Information
The information collected or shared on the Website and App will be used by us for purposes consistent with the way in which it was shared and collected, such as to:
- identify, tailor and meet user needs;
- analyze trends to help us better understand how the Website and the App are being used, how to make it more effective, and how to provide our users with better experiences and services;
- create and maintain your account or user profile and provide you with our services;
- answer your questions or respond to your comments;
- register you in a training session or other related programs or events; and
- send you information about our services or events.
To best serve our users, SplitFit may also use information collected or shared on the Website or the App for the following:
- To direct content and other features to users who have a strong interest in a particular geographic area, activity, gym, trainer, or workout;
- To provide our developers with information that can assist in creating new tools, features, functions, and services;
- To assess usage of specific features or services on our Website and App to make improvements to these features or services;
- To provide you with updates and notices regarding events, training sessions, and workouts that may be of interest;
- To provide special services targeted to specific user groups, based on demographics or other aggregate data; and
- To facilitate communications with users and trainers.
Any Personal Information you choose to share on the Website, the App, or in your user account or profile may be read, collected, or used by us or others who visit the Website or use the App. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to share.
Reasons We Share Personal Information
Generally, we do not reveal any personally identifiable information, unless we secure permission or consent from the provider in advance of doing so. However, we reserve the right to share Personal Information with our gyms, trainers, vendors, service providers, or other individuals and organizations that need to have access to such information in connection with the provision of our services to you or to respond to your specific inquiries or requests. To facilitate the scheduling and pooling processes, users, trainers, and gyms may have access to your name, profile picture, fitness level, and other basic information from your user account or profile. We also reserve the right to release information as required by any governmental or law enforcement agency or under a court order.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
All Personal Information you provide to us through the Website or App is transmitted securely using SSL encryption. In addition, we routinely enter into agreements with our gyms, trainers, vendors, and service providers which require that care and precautions be taken to guard against loss, misuse, or disclosure of your Personal Information. We also educate our employees, gyms, and trainers on our privacy guidelines to confirm they understand their role in compliance.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do no share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or App. No security measure is perfect or impenetrable. We will employ appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorized access. However, any transmission is at your own risk.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Information
You have the ability to access and make correction to the data in your user account or profile to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If you would like to review and update your account information, suspend or cancel your account, request that we no longer use your account data, or access your Personal Information, you can do so by contacting us by email at email@example.com or adjusting your account preferences.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
We also collect certain limited information or log files as you navigate through the Website and the App. These log files are used for system management and to track generic user behavior, which helps us to better understand the needs of our users and to identify demographic trends.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Website and the App may contain links to other third party websites and applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these parties, their websites, or applications. We do not review or control such websites or applications and suggest that you review these third party privacy policies before using any links, websites, or applications.
You have a choice about how we use your Personal Information to communicate with you and you may opt out at any time by deactivating your account or changing your account preferences. You may also opt out of receiving emails from us by changing the relevant settings in your user account or profile. When you deactivate your account, you will not be able to use our services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through the App or Website. However, even after you deactivate your account, your information including, name and email address, may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Transferring and Storage of Data
Your Personal Information may be transferred and stored on servers or databases outside the United States. The privacy laws in these other jurisdictions may not be as protective of your rights. By accessing the Website or using the App you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and storage of your Personal information will be governed by applicable laws in the United States.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us
Last updated November 4, 2016.